Choose Your State


Contractor's Licenses in the State of Kansas

Kansas does not require licenses for general contractors at a state level unless you are contracting for asbestos removal or water well drilling. Therefore, you must meet specific local requirements, supply the necessary documentation, and pay any local fees in order to legally operate as a general contractor in the State of Kansas.

Any non-Kansas resident contractors or subcontractors are required to register with the Department of Revenue if construction contracts are in excess of $10,000. Authorized corporations in Kansas do not need to register contracts.

To complete registration, we recommend you contact the Director of Taxation Registration at the Kansas Department of Revenue as well as your local municipality or county.

Below you can find contractor licensing and building resources for all counties in the State of Kansas: